James Foster dedicates 100% of his practice to representing accident and injury victims in personal injury, mass tort, and wrongful death cases.
Prior to founding Foster Law LLC, James worked at one of the world’s largest and top-ranked global law firms alongside over 2,200 other attorneys. During that time, James defended large corporations and institutions in state and federal courts across the country including in personal injury cases, wrongful death lawsuits, complex business disputes, class actions, multi-district litigations, and other high-stakes litigation.
After years of defending big businesses, James decided it was time to recalibrate his career path and pursue his true passion — a law practice representing injury and wrongful death plaintiffs. James uses his unique prior experience at a large defense firm for the benefit of his clients, as he knows firsthand how the “other side” thinks and can use that to his clients’ advantage.
James also maintains an active pro bono practice. He is proudly involved in the American Bar Association’s Death Penalty Representation Project, where he has the honor of representing death row inmate James Watts in his ongoing motion for relief and pursuit for justice.
James has been recognized as a “Rising Star” in 2023 by Super Lawyers, which is awarded to outstanding lawyers that have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Only the top 2.5% of Georgia attorneys are recognized with this distinction. James was also named a Top 40 Under 40 attorney in Alabama by the National Trial Lawyers.
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D.
- Dean’s List
- Member of the North Carolina Law Review
- Internship with the Honorable Judge Douglas J. McCullough of the North Carolina Court of Appeals
- University of Mississippi, B.A., Economics, Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College; with high honors
- Phi Beta Kappa honor society
- Phi Delta Theta Scholarship Chair and recipient of Academic Excellence Award
Bar and Court Admissions
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of North Carolina
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court, Southern District of Georgia
- United States District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Alabama Association for Justice
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
Awards and Press
- Super Lawyers – Rising Star (Georgia, 2023)
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40 (Alabama, 2023)
- Featured in Bloomberg News, BBC World News, TMZ, and Law.com